Looking for the taste of Lao food?
Food from Northern Laos: The Boat Landing Cookbook
An encylopaedic resource for lovers of Lao food everywhere
Price US$29.95 plus P&P
- River weed or rock algae, Chlorophyta spirogyra ໄຄ່ິກ kai hin (raw); ໄຄແຜ່ນ kai paen, kai phaen, khai paen (dried sheets)
- Khao soi noodle making Tai Neua style
- Ginger, garlic and fermented soybean jeow
- How to make Khao Soi meat sauce Tai Neua style
- How Tai Neua make fermented soy bean paste for Khao soi noodles
Galangal Press Ltd Waikato, NEW ZEALAND; also Chonburi, THAILAND.
Tag Archives: noodle making
Women of the ethnic group Tai Neaua in Muang Sing make delicious rice noodles by hand. These are a staple food sold in the market and eaten in local dishes at home. Here, 16 year old La demonstrates her expertise and the coordination needed to produce these noodles. Continue reading